Friday, May 27, 2011

eire travel

I have been back from Ireland for a week now and the time with my brother and his family was too short.

This is just a post to say I have landed back in Cardiff. I will post more with some photos, probably next week, as I'm a little crunched for time right at the moment and the library is closed for three days (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday) next week for another bank holiday. (The library is usually closed on Sunday -- not sure why it is taking two days for one bank holiday.)

It's hard to believe it's almost June. After a lovely, warm and sunny March and April, May has been quite cool and overcast. The weather in Ireland was typically cloudy and rainy as well. I am getting tired of wearing sweaters (or jumpers, as they say here) all the time, but I did move to the U.K., so what else should I expect?

Ah, but the sun is shining now in a relatively cloudless sky, despite a cold north wind. I'm facing a busy weekend at work, with my days off upcoming on Wednesday and Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures on Facebook were gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stunning pics on Facebook are courtesy of my niece Kate, her husband Neil and my nephew's girlfriend Katie. My pictures are going to pale in comparison. I really didn't get shots like theirs while in Ireland. But I agree -- they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete