Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ma bicyclette

I haven't blogged much lately as the weather has been gorgeous and I've been soaking up sunshine on my days off. I've been taking some reading and have headed to explore and relax respectively along the banks of the River Taff (in Bute Park), along the Barrage (at Cardiff Bay), and 'lakeside' at the delightful Roath Park.

I know previously I didn't give Roath high marks as a destination, but with the warmer weather, it has won my heart. It is closest to my flat and is lovely in the evenings or on a hot day with families enjoying the boats for rent and birds nesting everywhere. It is also a perfect place for reading with benches every twenty feet.

And, to further embrace the spring, I have made claim to 'une bicyclette' that lay abandoned in my shared patio. At first I thought it belonged to the students next door, but when they seemed to do a personnel change mid-winter, and then proceeded to dump garbage around the bike, I realized the bike was ownerless.

The bike is now safe in my flat and, despite being out all 'winter' runs perfectly fine. It is a bit rusty, and I'm sure needs a tuneup, but it is just the right size (a miracle!) and lets me feel the freedom of the road and the wind in my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment