Thursday, February 23, 2012

holidays in sight

Countdown! One week from now I will be on a week's holiday! It will be my first substantial time off since I visited North America in October and I am ready, ready, ready. St. Malo, France -- here I come.

Also, the weather here in the U.K. has been becoming almost balmy and springlike. The daffodils, the national flower of Wales, are beginning to appear. They are planted everywhere in large expansives and last more than a month and are the most glorious flower, shining their cheerful yellow through grey, rainy days.

I always think of that field of daffodils in the film Dr. Zhivago whenever I see a daffodil http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl_YDWWypxY

And with the nicer weather, longer days, and a little travelling this blog should see some photos enlivening its rather pedestrian facade.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, I hope you had a good holiday! Looking forward to seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete