Thursday, March 15, 2012

who(m) do you suppose?

The Silent -- Dr. Who
Cyberman -- Dr. Who
Photos BBC Wallpaper
This past Sunday the sun was shining and warm, the skies blue and I had the day off, so I headed down to Cardiff Bay to enjoy the day.

Late in the afternoon I saw a very small sign that looked as if it were about an open house at the newly built BBC Studios on Roath Lock. All it said was 'open'. The Studios were about a 15 minute walk away and upon arriving I found out there was an openhouse involving a two-hour tour with no charge for admission. However, apparently entrance was allowed only by pre-arranged admission tickets.

The security guard said to walk down to the gate and see if anyone had cancelled, as a tour was about to leave. There were five other people waiting there as well. A woman came, took the family of four and told another woman and me that we could come back for the last tour at 5:30 if we wanted. Why not? What an opportunity!

So, on a day I had purposely left my camera at home in order to travel light, I ended up inside the BBC Roath Lock studios surrounded by lifesize, breathing Dr. Who monsters and aliens.

Amazing, wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment